Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 August 2010

Le Charcutier Anglais


Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Marc-Frederic, I am a Boucher-Charcutier-Traiteur.
I believe I am the only British person to be French registered in this field. So allow me to translate my working title, Boucher means a butcher, a Charcutier has no strict translation but in laymans terms it is a charcutier whom carries out charcuterie i.e. the preservation of meat by the Artisan craft of curing, smoking, cooking or a combination of all three methods. A Traiteur not to be confused with a traitor, is loosely translated as an outside caterer or perhaps described as a banquet chef.

I'm not sure how this blog thing will work for me, maybe I can start by blogging about parts of charcuterie you have an interest in, so come on who's first up?

No comments:

Post a Comment